Proloquo2Go is the most full featured augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) app for iOS. The app can help people who have trouble communicating communicate by touching words or phrases that they want to have spoken aloud. To learn more about Proloquo2Go visit their website at Proloquo2Go.com. Proloquo2Go has an extremely visual interface that makes finding what you are looking for easy. The home screen of Proloquo2Go has a grid with folders; each folder has an image and title on it. The user touches a folder to enter that category. For example if you wanted to say "yes" you would click on the yes, no, maybe folder and the touch the yes button. Once you touch the yes button a computerized voice would say "yes." Many folders have numerous sub folders which can make it time consuming to find the word or phrase you would like to say. Luckily, you can make quick sets of words and phrases you use often for quicker access. In addition you can make custom commands such as family member's names or home address. Proloquo2Go also allows users to input the word they want via a keyboard. The keyboard has advanced word prediction that allows users to insert words faster. When using the keyboard you can type out phrases that Proloquo2Go will say allowed when you are finished typing. Proloqu2Go allow features several high quality text-to-speech voices. Proloquo2Go is a feature filled AAC app that can allow people to communicate. Because of the abundance of features Proloquo2Go can be slightly complex to use at the beginning. To try Proloquo2Go you can stop by your local Apple Store and find the app installed on all of the display iPads. Proloquo2Go is $189.99 in the App Store and works with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Proloquo2Go can replace much more expensive AAC devices and using Apple devices can make users feel less self-conscious than using a dedicated AAC device that is different from anything peers or same age students would use. To watch Proloquo2Go featured on 60 minutes click here. To learn more about Proloquo2Go click read more below.
- Full communication solution with a default VocaSpace vocabulary of over 7000 items
- Choice of list or grid view
- Built-in natural sounding text-to-speech voices from Acapela Group (one language, initially only British and American English). The current version includes North American English male, female, girl and boy voices. These can be swapped for British English voices, which can be downloaded over Wifi from within Proloquo2Go. Support for other languages and voices is in the pipeline.
- Supports picture and/or text-based communication
- Close to 8000 built-in symbols from SymbolStix LLC.
- Automatic conjugation of verbs
- Automatic plurals and possessives for nouns
- Extensive customization options: item size, color, interactivity, restrictions, speech.
- One-button addition of new vocabulary items and categories
- Easy cut, copy and paste of items
- Quick access to recently spoken items for the last 15 minutes, last hour, all the way up to one week back
- Typing view with advanced, self-learning multi-word prediction for typing full paragraphs
This App was provided complementary to the review by AssistiveWare